Empire Hall was located on the corner of Shaughnessy Avenue (now Lakeshore Drive) and 9th Street (now Gowans Street) in Summerland.
In the early years, this intersection, in the Lowertown area, was the centre of Summerland.
This wooden structure was built for J.M. Robinson in 1903. The lower level served as the Summerland Supply Store. The second storey was our community centre.
Concerts, plays and even Summerland’s first municipal council meetings were held here.
The back portion of the building was the Dominion Bank with Otto Zimmerman as bank manager.
To report a typo, email: