Residents of Lake Country thanked firefighters for their quick response to a blaze on a property on Pelmewash Parkway, Monday morning.
The fire, at the old Oyama sausage factory, was first reported shortly before 10 a.m. June 1.
“I heard an explosion,” said 11-year-old neighbour Vaughn Kilpatrick. “The shed caught on fire after the explosion.”
According to Kilpatrick, a man was burning some leaves and weeds on the property, off Pelmewash Parkway, when the flames spread to an attached shed which contained a propane tank.
The factory has two attached sheds and is close proximity to a nearby home, which was not damaged. No injuries have been reported from the blaze.
Flames and smoke could be seen rising from the area.