Rain and clouds are expected throughout the Okanagan today. (Photo: Pixabay)

Okanagan-Shuswap weather: clouds and rain continue

Environment Canada is forecasting a cloudy day.

Probably no tanning today, folks. April showers continue as clouds and showers are expected throughout the Okanagan today.

Today’s forecast according to Environment Canada:

Vernon is expected to be mainly cloudy with 70 per cent chance of showers this morning, changing to 30 per cent chance of showers around noon. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h early this afternoon. The high temperature will be 14 C.

In Penticton showers are expected to end this morning and will be mainly cloudy with a 40 per cent chance of showers. The high temperature will be 14 C.

Kelowna is expected to be mainly cloudy with 70 percent chance of showers, changing to 30 percent chance of showers around noon. The high temperature will be 14 C.

Salmon Arm is expected to see a mix of sun and cloud with 40 per cent chance of showers early this morning. The high temperature is 14 C.

Tonight: Temperatures are expected to drop this evening, hovering just above zero across the valley (Vernon 2 C, Penticton 4 C, Kelowna 1 C, Salmon Arm 1 C).

Have a great day and share your weather photos with us by tagging us on social media with #yourvernon, #yourkelowna, #yourpenticton or #yoursalmonarm.

Related: Okanagan-Shuswap weather: Hope you enjoyed the sun, grey is on its way back

To report a typo, email:
newstips@vernonmorningstar.com
.


@VernonNews
newstips@vernonmorningstar.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Penticton pharmacy restricted from dispensing opioid treatment drugs

B.C. College of Pharmacists alleges Sunrise Pharmacy dispensed treatment drugs against rules

Summerland Health Care Auxiliary completes hospital donation pledge early

$1M contribution to medical equipment campaign completed half a year earlier than expected

Okanagan-Shuswap Weather: Heat, sun and a chance of thunderstorms for Father’s Day

Morning pancake breakfasts and fishing derbies across the region will see sun, showers may follow.

Summerland ready for dry summer conditions

Province has declared Level Two drought, but Summerland has not increased watering restrictions

Summerland pioneers had connection to Middlesex, England

Harry Dunsdon and Richard Turner became cattlemen

10 facts about Father’s Day

Did you know that the special day for dads was first celebrated in 1910?

Thunderstorm leaves small fire in the Shuswap in its wake

Wildfire crews are also fighting a small fire near Kamloops

South Okanagan pharmacy restricted from dispensing opioid treatment drugs

B.C. College of Pharmacists alleges Sunrise Pharmacy dispensed treatment drugs against rules

Police seek two suspects and car after stabbing in Kelowna

The stabbing took place on Friday evening on Wilson Avenue. It sent one man to hospital.

Okanagan pitcher tosses second no-hitter of season

Vernon’s Jarod Leroux has two no-nos in his last three starts for the BCPBL’s Okanagan Athletics

B.C. VIEWS: When farmland protection doesn’t protect farmers

Secondary residences aren’t mansions, families tell Lana Popham

Bombers down B.C. Lions 33-23 in season opener

Former Lion Andrew Harris leads Winnipeg with 148 rushing yards

Northern B.C. family remembers murdered Indigenous woman with memorial walk

Still no closure for Ramona Wilson’s family 25 years later

Vernon seeks additional fetal alcohol syndrome support B.C.-wide

“We are making a difference but we could make even more of a difference”

Most Read