Nomination packages are available for those interested in running for positions on the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen board of directors.
The electoral area director nomination packages are available online at rdosregionalconnections.ca or at the regional district office at 101 Martin St., Penticton.
Nominations can be submitted between Aug. 30 at 9 a.m. and Sept. 9 at 4 p.m.
The regional district has nine electoral areas and six member municipalities. The electoral areas include:
· Electoral Area A (Osoyoos Rural)
· Electoral Area B (Cawston)
· Electoral Area C (Oliver Rural)
· Electoral Area D (Skaha East/Okanagan Falls)
· Electoral Area E (Naramata)
· Electoral Area F (Okanagan Lake West/West Bench)
· Electoral Area G (Keremeos Rural/Hedley)
· Electoral Area H (Princeton Rural)
· Electoral Area I (Skaha West/Kaleden/Apex)
In addition, there are directors from Summerland, Penticton, Oliver, Osoyoos, Keremeos and Princeton councils on the board.
The elections are held every four years. This year, the elections will be held on Saturday, Oct. 15.
Those who serve as directors must be 18 or older on voting day, must be Canadian citizens, must have been a British Columbia resident for at least six months immediately before filing their documents and must not be disqualified from holding public office.
To report a typo, email: