Penticton law courts. (File photo)

Okanagan man accused of attacking two young boys back in court

Brian Lamb will remain behind bars until at least Oct. 14

A repeat offender accused of assaulting two young boys in a Kaleden park last month will remain behind bars until at least Oct. 14.

Brian Lamb, 50, appeared via video conference in Penticton Provincial Court on Wednesday morning.

Lamb, of no fixed address, is near bald with buzz cut-grey hair. He became agitated when his new lawyer asked to have his case put over to the later date.

Lamb was in court facing six of the 11 charges against him.

“What about bail for me?” asked Lamb to the presiding judge. Lamb said his father had died while he was in jail and he couldn’t go to his funeral.

It’s alleged Lamb attacked two boys, ages four and 10 in a Kaleden Park on Aug. 25. One of the young victim’s mom alleges her son was slapped and choked.

READ MORE: Penticton suspect re-arrested after series of alleged crimes

Before this incident, Lamb allegedly tried breaking into a business before striking an individual with a baseball bat, later causing a disturbance, fleeing from police and resisting arrest.

On Aug. 18, RCMP responded to a break-and-enter in progress in the 3500-block of Skaha Lake Road. After the suspect was confronted he allegedly struck an individual with a baseball bat before fleeing. RCMP explained in a release Sept. 17 the victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Five days after the break and enter (Aug. 23), RCMP responded to a report of a disturbance at a restaurant in the 1000-block of Westminster Avenue West. There, they found a seemingly intoxicated man reportedly obstructing traffic, throwing items, screaming and allegedly trying to fight passerby.

The man was recognized as the suspect from the alleged assault with a weapon on Aug. 18.

“The man turned assaultive toward police when they attempted to arrest him. He then fled and was eventually taken into police custody following a short foot pursuit,” said Penticton RCMP in a release, adding the man resisted during his arrest and allegedly spat on one of the officers.

Just two days later, RCMP responded again to an assault committed at a Kaleden-area park. Upon arrival, RCMP found an off-duty RCMP officer and bystander restraining a suspect who had allegedly assaulted the two young boys.

Criminal charges have been placed against Lamb regarding each of these cases.

Following his arrest on Aug. 25, Lamb was released from custody on bail conditions, before being found to breach these conditions.

He was remanded back into police custody and faces an additional two charges for failure to comply with his release orders.

To report a typo, email: editor@pentictonwesternnews.com.


 

@PentictonNews
newstips@pentictonwesternnews.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Court

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

View of Larsson Hill from DriveBC camera at 7:25 a.m. on Oct. 21. (Contributed)
Vehicle incident at Larson Hill causing delays up to one hour on Coquihalla

The incident has blocked traffic in both directions

Snow could be seen Oct. 12 on Highway 5, near the Coquihalla summit. (Contributed)
It looks like an interesting winter folks

Winter will be colder than normal, with above-normal precipitation and below-normal snowfall

Riders of all ages participated in 2019’s Axel Mercx Granfondo in Penticton, with over 1600 registering for 2020 before COVID-19 forced its cancellation. (Western News File)
Granfondo ‘Penticton’s best opportunity for an event in 2021’

The long-distance cycling event was cancelled this year after 1600 riders had already registered

FILE – People wait in line at a COVID-19 testing facility in Burnaby, B.C., on Thursday, August 13, 2020. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Darryl Dyck
167 new COVID-19 cases, 1 death recorded as B.C. enters 2nd wave

Three new healthcare outbreaks also announced

Join Black Press Media and Do Some Good

Pay it Forward program supports local businesses in their community giving

Vintage Vernon BC shared an image of the house on Highway 97 and 39th Avenue taken in 1911. The photo, which was contributed by the Greater Vernon Museum and Archives shows the home 10 years after it was built. Dolly McClusky, a resident of the home, is seen standing on the porch. (Vintage Vernon BC - Facebook)
WATCH: Abandoned North Okanagan house on fire

Single-lane traffic in effect on Highway 97 in both directions

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is seen during a news conference Tuesday October 20, 2020 in Ottawa. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld
Trudeau and his family decide against trick-or-treating this year due to COVID

Adhering to local health authorities, Trudeau urges Canadians to do their part in following those guidelines

The early years of Rosedale Avenue dating back to 1911. Rosedale Avenue in Summerland has gone through many changes since this picture was taken in the early 1900s. In the background is St. Stephen Anglican Church. To the left, is the newly built home of Judge Kelley. This home still exists. It is the central portion of the Providence Funeral Home. Judge Kelley named the street Rosedale Avenue. (Photo courtesy of the Summerland Museum)
Rosedale Avenue in Summerland dates to 1910

Some early buildings in the area still remain

Surrey RCMP cruisers outside a Newton townhouse Tuesday night. (Photo: Shane MacKichan)
Toddler in hospital, woman dead following stabbings at Surrey townhouse

Police say two-year-old was among victims found at townhouse complex in the 12700-block of 66 Avenue

A Tim Hortons employee hands out coffee from a drive-through window to a customer in Mississauga, Ont., on March 17, 2020. Tim Hortons is ending the practice of double cupping hot drinks, a move the fast food restaurant says will eliminate hundreds of millions of cups from landfills each year. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Nathan Denette
The end of double cupping: Tim Hortons ditches two cups in favour of one with sleeve

Most recycling facilities in Canada don’t recycle single use paper coffee cups because of a plastic lining

Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer doctor Theresa Tam responds to a question during a news conference Tuesday October 20, 2020 in Ottawa. Canada’s chief public health doctor says in the age of social media, fake news about the COVID-19 pandemic has been spreading faster than the virus itself. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Adrian Wyld
VIDEO: Fake news creates serious issues for battling pandemic, chief public health doc says

Both Tam and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urged Canadians to be responsible about the information they share

A 20-year-old man was pronounced dead following a three vehicle collision on Highway 1 west of Revelstoke Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020. (File photo)
One dead after Highway 1 crash near Revelstoke

20-year-old man pronounced dead at the scene of a three vehicle collision west of Revelstoke

Most Read