If you are looking for an action packed day, explore these activities:
– Train rides on the Kettle Valley Steam Railway.
– Tour the Trout Hatchery, it’s free!
– Soak up the sun at Sunoka Beach and park.
– Skate at the Arena.
– For a rainy day activity go swimming at the Aquatic & Fitness Centre 13205 Kelly Ave.
– Enjoy some down time at the Library on 9525 Wharton St. for story time.
– Our Water Park and playground at Peach Orchard Beach is well known for its lakeside location.
– Take to the trails and do some Horseback riding at Red Barn B & B.
– Thistle Town Farm where horses, goats and ducks come out to greet you.
– Visit Summerland Sweets 6206 Canyon View Rd.
– Pick fruit at Dickinson’s Family Farm 17208 Bentley Rd.
– See the miniature train station at the Museum on 9521 Wharton.
– Practice your stunts at our Skateboard Park.
– Have a ball and go Bowling on Prairie Valley Rd.
– Register for Glenfir School Day Camps.
– Swim & play at our clean beaches.
– Discover the famous Ornamental Gardens on Hwy 97. Bring a picnic and your camera.
– Play ground entertainment at Memorial Kids Park.
– A ancient volcano – Giants Head Park.
– Kid’s sailing lessons (SOSA) Lakeshore Dr.
– Fishing at Agur Lake, Darke Lake, Garnett Lake, Headwater Lakes, Isintok Lake, Munro Lake, Okanagan Lake, MacDonald Lake, Osprey Lake, Link Lake, Chain and Eneas Lake.
– Go boating, kayaking, canoeing, sailing, windsurfing, water skiing, or jet skiing. Rentals available at Summerland Boat Rentals.
– Visit the Buffalo on Garnet Valley Rd.
– Picnic at 250 picnic tables. throughout Summerland
– Hike the Trans Canada Trail – 61 kilometers are within the Summerland area.
– Golf at Summerland Golf & Country Club or Sumac Ridge Executive 9 golf course.
– Discover the secret paths and floral walkways at the Ornamental Gardens.
– Bring your camera and hike Giant’s Head Mountain Park for a 360-degree panoramic view of Summerland.
– Cycle or mountain bike across the trestle on Canyon Road.
– Investigate historic walking trails, see the murals and sculptures in around town.
– Play tennis by the lake, then cool off at Kinsmen Beach.
– Play a game of volleyball at Peach Orchard Beach.
– Go sailing at the Summerland Yacht Club and the South Okanagan Sailing Association.
– Take an off road adventure to Sunflower Hill and enjoy the bursts of yellow, bunny grass, sage, and evergreens.
– Visit a U-pick orchard and pick fresh fruit from cherries, apples, peaches, pears, plums and nectarines, or visit a vegetable farm for raspberries, cantaloupe & watermelon.
– Take a stroll along Lakeside Summerland and discover many historic sites including: 1922 Log Cabin, Trout Hatchery, Methodist Church Manse (private residence – permission), K.S. Hogg Drugstore, Lakeside Baptist Church, Dr. Andrew’s Home, Stark Home, Fenner’s Gluch, Landslide area and Storehouse Point. A descriptive tour map of each site is available at the Museum.
Shop until you drop in our Tudor Revival Streetscape.
– Tour 11 wineries on Bottle Neck Drive
– Tour an Art studio or gallery. Summerland has over forty to explore.
– Drive and tour the area encountering the many historically significant homes, barns and churches lovingly preserved by their owners. Watch for interpretive signage denoting local heritage sites.
– Experience a real train robbery on the KVSR.
– Farmers Market Tuesdays from 9 – 1 pm.
– Visit the BC Fruit Packers co-op.
– Go for a work out at the Aquatic Centre.
– Nixdorf Classic Car Museum.
– Kettle Valley Dried Fruits.
– Go Curling at the Club on Jubilee Road.
History Loves Company…
Visit the South Okanagan’s Heritage Attractions.
The South Okanagan Heritage Alliance invites you to discover our fascinating past. More information may be found at www.exploreheritage.ca.
– Kettle Valley Steam Railway
– Summerland Museum
– Penticton Museum
– The En’owkin Centre, home of Canada’s Aboriginal Arts Training Centre
– The Mascot Gold Mine
– The Bassett House and Museum in Okanagan Falls
– The Oliver Heritage Museum.