Firefighters Rob Robinson at right and Pat Hawkes, second from right, show the fire department’s training facility on Bland Street. At left are Neil Andrews and David Phillips.
The training facility features structures and equipment for the majority of the required training and certification for firefighters. In the background is a three-storey training building.
The vehicle in front is used for vehicle fire training. Other vehicles and stations are in place for vehicle extrication and various firefighting and rescue techniques.
The Summerland Fire Department was established in 1949. Today there are four career firefighters and 28 auxiliary firefighters.